Idea details: Open Data Canada – Open Data Without Borders
Canadians have told us that they want quick and easy access to the government data they need from coast-to-coast-to-coast, regardless of which government owns the data. Working with provinces, territories and cities, we will work to break down the barriers to open data across Canada. The goal is to provide unprecedented access to multi-jurisdictional open data to spur innovation, increase productivity, and ultimately improve the lives of Canadians.
Potential activities may include:
- Establishing a set of common Open Data principles for adoption by the different levels of government in Canada;
- Encouraging all Canadian governments to adopt a common unrestrictive licence for open data and information;
- Piloting a federated search project with provinces to provide a “no wrong door” approach for accessing open data, so that users can easily find the data they need;
- Identifying and developing a set of common open data standards for use by all levels of government in Canada; and
- Organizing joint or national Open Data events and outreach activities.
Your collaboration will help make this proposed activity become a reality. In addition to your general comments, please let us know:
- What do you see as the ultimate goal for this proposed activity within a two year span?
- What are the specific actions and milestones required to meet this goal?
- Who else should be involved in the implementation of this proposed activity?
Please Read the Privacy Notice and the rules of engagement.
The information you provide is collected by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat under the authority of section 7 of the Financial Administration Act.
The information will be collected for the purposes of gathering feedback on Year 1 of Canada's Action Plan on Open Government for inclusion in the development of Canada's Self-Assessment Report.
Personal information will be protected under the provisions of the Privacy Act and will be stored in Personal Information Bank PSU 938, Outreach Activities. Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to request access to your personal information, held by a government institution, and to request corrections should you believe the information you provided contains errors or omissions. If you wish to avail yourself of this right or require clarification about this statement, contact the TBS Privacy Coordinator by email (by calling 613-946-6260 or toll free at 1-866-312-12511 or writing to the TBS Privacy Coordinator, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat, 140 O'Connor Street 8th floor, Ottawa Ontario, Canada, K1A 0R5). For more information on privacy issues and the Privacy Act in general, consult the website of Office of the Privacy Commissioner or call 1-800-282-1376.
By choosing to participate you confirm that you agree to the terms above.
- Date modified: