Ignore previous comment/request. I now see that there is a separate definition dataset that has what I was looking for in it. Thanks
Government of Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory
The Government of Canada tracks its energy use and its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across 15 departments and agencies as part of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy. In the future, we will gather and share information from other federal organizations and other federal sources of GHG emissions.
We have a good picture of the government’s GHG emissions from the 2010 to 2011 fiscal year to the 2016 to 2017 fiscal year.
As part of the national effort to combat climate change, the Government of Canada has committed to reducing its GHG emissions by 40% by 2030, or earlier. The baseline year is 2005, against which every other year is compared to see what progress is being made. We have already reduced GHG emissions from federal operations by 28% from 2005 levels.
Sources of the Government of Canada’s GHG emissions are the energy used for its buildings (88%) and its fleet (12%):
• buildings comprise office space, laboratories and warehouses
• fleets comprise on-road vehicles and off-road fleets, including cars, vans, trucks, boats, ships and planes
Some GHG emissions are excluded from the Government of Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory for safety and security reasons. One example is fuel used in military operations.
- Publisher - Current Organization Name: Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Publisher - Organization Section Name: Centre for Greening Government
- Contributor: National Defence, Public Services and Procurement Canada, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Transport Canada, Parks Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Environment and Climate Change Canada, Canada Border Services Agency, Health Canada, Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada, Employment and Social Development Canada, Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Licence: Open Government Licence - Canada
|Resource Name||Resource Type||Format||Language||Links|
|Item 1 - Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Facilities and Fleets||Dataset||CSV||English||Access|
|Item 1 - Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Facilities and Fleets||Dataset||CSV||French||Access|
|Item 2 - Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Facilities||Dataset||CSV||English||Access|
|Item 2 - Energy Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Facilities||Dataset||CSV||French||Access|
|Item 3 - Fuel Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Fleets||Dataset||CSV||English||Access|
|Item 3 - Fuel Use and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Related to Federal Fleets||Dataset||CSV||French||Access|
|Item 4 - Data Dictionary for the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Datasets||Guide||HTML||French||Access|
|Item 4 - Data Dictionary for the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Datasets||Guide||HTML||English||Access|
Geographic Region Name:
In some of theses data sets on emissions there is a column of data called "GHG Scope" and it seems to have either a number 1 or the number 2 in that column. Can you tell me what that number means or perhaps there is a document that has this information ?