Open Maps provides access to the Government of Canada’s geospatial information. You can combine, visualize, and analyze geospatial data and collaborate with other Canadians.
Open Maps is a work in progress and will expand and improve over the coming months. Check back for updates, and please let us know what you think.
Find data and view it on a map.
Find Open Maps
Start exploring our inventory of geospatial data.
Explore our map gallery
View a varied collection of maps built with open data, and get inspired to create your own!
Working with data and application programming interfaces
Learn more about how to use a variety of data formats, including application programming interfaces (APIs).
About Open Maps
Learn more about Open Maps and how it works.
Frequently asked questions
Answers to common questions about Canada’s Open Government activities.
New and updated maps
- SCUBA surveys to assess lobster population structure and density in the southern Gulf of St. Lawrence
- British Columbia Lightstation Sea-Surface Temperature and Salinity Data (Pacific), 1914-present
- Spatial Density of Pulses in Canada
- Spatial Density of Barley in Canada
- Spatial Density of Cereals in Canada
- Spatial Density of Canola in Canada