Open Maps provides access to the Government of Canada’s geospatial information. You can combine, visualize, and analyze geospatial data and collaborate with other Canadians.
Open Maps is a work in progress and will expand and improve over the coming months. Check back for updates, and please let us know what you think.
Find data and view it on a map.
Start exploring our inventory of geospatial data.
View a varied collection of maps built with open data, and get inspired to create your own!
Learn more about how to use a variety of data formats, including application programming interfaces (APIs).
Learn more about Open Maps and how it works.
Answers to common questions about Canada’s Open Government activities.
New and updated maps
- Southern British Columbia Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) Conservation Units, Sites & Status
- Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) Conservation Units, Sites & Status
- Herring Sections Shapefile
- Herring Permanent Spawn Transects
- Passamaquoddy Bay monthly Conductivity Temperature and Density (CTD) sampling (1989 - Present)
- Pacific Salmon Conservation Units, Sites & Status