The Government of Canada will continue to unlock the potential of Open Data for Canadians through a series of innovative and forward-looking projects. Taking advantage of new technologies, the government will prioritize easy access to the data Canadians need.
Potential activities may include:
- Launching an enhanced Open Government portal that incorporates interactive communities, an enhanced consultation platform, and the ability to search data from multiple departments and jurisdictions;
- Broadening the Government of Canada’s publishing of Open Data on international aid;
- Providing support to developing countries to advance their Open Data activities;
- Enhancing access to Government of Canada geospatial data via data.gc.ca; and
- Hosting online chats with government subject-matter experts on released data.
Your collaboration will help make this proposed activity become a reality. In addition to your general comments, please let us know:
- What do you see as the ultimate goal for this proposed activity within a two year span?
- What are the specific actions and milestones required to meet this goal?
- Who else should be involved in the implementation of this proposed activity?
Add new comment
Submitted by Centre for Law… on September 19, 2014 - 6:10 PM
Submitted by Steve Engels on August 24, 2014 - 10:07 PM
Submitted by Brian Mosher on August 24, 2014 - 6:23 PM
Submitted by Dawson Reid on August 21, 2014 - 12:10 PM
Submitted by wm on August 19, 2014 - 1:11 PM
Submitted by open-ouvert on August 21, 2014 - 3:06 PM
Submitted by Valerie Leigh on August 19, 2014 - 12:13 PM