Rules of Engagement
We look forward to hearing from you. Your ideas and feedback are central to the development of both the Open Government portal and the Government of Canada’s approach to Open Government.
While comments are moderated, the portal will not censor any comments except in a few specific cases, listed below. Accounts acting contrary to these rules may be temporarily or permanently disabled.
Your post or comment must not contain
- profanity or discrimination on the basis of, for example, race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, or sexual orientation;
- text written in all capital letters, which can be difficult to read and might be interpreted as yelling;
- personal attacks or defamatory statements;
- insensitive comments;
- anything illegal;
- unintelligible or irrelevant messages; and;
- any other message that does not contribute meaningfully to the conversation.
Your post or comment must be
- relevant to the portal or the subject matter of the discussion topics
- in either English or FrenchFootnote 1
- coherent and intelligible
- original (it cannot be excerpted from another source)
- without announcement from labour and political organizations
- without reference to any commercial activity such as advertising or publicity
- considerate of your privacy and the privacy of others (do not include your phone number or email address in your post or comment)
- Our team cannot commit to replying to every message or comment, but we look forward to continuing the conversation whenever possible. Please note that responses will be provided in the same language that was used in the original comment.