Open Government is about making government more accessible to everyone. Participate in conversations, find data and digital records, and learn about open government.
Right now you can also help shape priorities and commitments for Open Government for 2018-2020.
Search Government of Canada data, learn how to work with datasets, see what people have done with our data.
Search Government of Canada digital records, completed access to information request summaries, and contracts over $10,000.
Interact with open government experts and enthusiasts and share your ideas for new innovative approaches to open government.
Explore Canada’s open government commitments, discover open government programs across Canada, and learn more about the Open Government Licence.
New and updated datasets
- Newfoundland and Labrador Long-term Water Quality Monitoring Data
- Winnipeg River Basin Long-term Water Quality Monitoring Data
- Lower Mackenzie River Basin Long-term Water Quality Monitoring Data - Canada's North
- Proactive Disclosure - Annual Expenditures on Travel, Hospitality and Conferences
- Open Data Inventory
- Proactive Disclosure - Position Reclassification
- Multilateral intergovernmental collaboration on identifying datasets of high value
- Regulatory Cooperation Benefits Both Canada and the US
- Championing Open Government in the Public Health Agency of Canada
- Enabling #GCdigital with pragmatic security
- Does principled engagement lead to increased trust?
- President’s Blog: Canada’s Public Service: A Culture of Respect and Experimentation
- The path to Canada’s open dialogue engagement principles
- View all blogs