Fisheries Act Registry
The 2019 amended Fisheries Act (FA) contains a provision that will require DFO to have a public facing Registry to provide public access to records relating to fish and fish habitat protection and pollution prevention, including:
• Ministerial agreements
• Standards and Codes of practice
• Ministerial orders
• Fisheries Act Authorizations
• Permits for designated projects
• Fish habitat restoration plans
This work supports the Government’s goals around transparency, access, and accountability in federal decision-making.
The new online version of the FA Registry is now available to Canadians. This latest release includes the Fisheries Act Authorizations (updated automatically.)
The FA Registry is currently accessible through the Common Project Search Portal, a one-stop online location for Canadians to search and browse through DFO authorizations as well as projects and assessments submitted to the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada and Transport Canada.
DFO will be undertaking continuous development of the Fisheries Act Registry. This release is the second step towards implementing the full FA Registry that will provide additional content as well as new features to the FA Registry, increasing transparency and proactive disclosure as well as improving digital capacity and service for Canadians.
Click here to visit the Fisheries Act Registry.
- Publisher - Current Organization Name: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Publisher - Organization Section Name: Fish and Fish Habitat Protection Program (FFHPP)
- Licence: Open Government Licence - Canada