Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Projections
We publish Canada’s greenhouse gas (GHG) and air pollutant emissions projections each year.
The GHG emissions projections help us measure progress in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and combating climate change. GHG emissions projections are presented for a few scenarios. The air pollutant projections reflect our action to reduce air pollution.
Description of site contents:
Because of the large number of tables, results are presented in folders and sub-folders. Below is a description of the folder structure:
• current_projections_actuelles: This folder includes our most projections as reported in Greenhouse gas and air pollutant emissions projections: 2020 (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/climate-change/greenhouse-gas-emissions/projections.html).
• previous_projections_precedentes: This folder includes projections that were initially reported in 2017, 2018 and 2019 (see our Greenhouse gas emissions projections page at https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/climate-change/greenhouse-gas-emissions/projections.html for links to these reports).
Starting in 2018, results are split in two additional sub-folders. Each includes a file named readme_lisezmoi.txt, which provides additional details about the data included in each sub-folder.
• The sub-folder named "GHG - GES" includes tables presenting GHG emissions data.
• The sub-folder named "Energy - Énergie" includes tables presenting energy and macroeconomic data for each sector included in the "GHG - GES" folder.
- Publisher - Current Organization Name: Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Licence: Open Government Licence - Canada
Data and Resources
Greenhouse gas emissions projections (English)HTMLEnglish website HTML
Greenhouse gas emissions projections (French)HTMLFrench website HTML
View ECCC Data Mart (English)HTMLEnglish website HTML
View ECCC Data Mart (French)HTMLFrench website HTML
|Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Projections|