UPCOMING CHANGES TO THE OPEN GOVERNMENT TENDER NOTICES DATASET
2023-03-08, This dataset will soon be replaced (details below). The expected cut-over date for this update is in the last week of March 2023 (The final schedule is being refined now.).
In August 2022, CanadaBuys became the Government of Canada’s official system of record for advertising public sector tender opportunities. To date, there has been no impact to the tender and award notice CSV (Comma-Separated Values) data files available for download here on the Open Government Portal; however, in the last week of March 2023, this tender notices dataset will be archived and replaced by two new datasets (which will be called CanadaBuys tender notices and CanadaBuys award notices). The data files associated with these new two datasets will provide similar information as the legacy data files do now; but their contents will be updated and expanded upon to be more in line with the information contained within the CanadaBuys tender search functionality, SAP Ariba and the other relevant procurement systems for the Government of Canada.
More information will be provided here, on this page, as the transition approaches, including details on the expected structure of the new CSV files and how they relate (and differ) from the legacy datafiles that this dataset provides currently.
This dataset contains Government of Canada tender information published in accordance with the Financial Administration Act, all Schedule I, Schedule II and Schedule III of those departments, agencies, Crown corporations, and other entities (unless specifically exempt) who must comply with the Government of Canada trade agreement obligations. The source of this information is Buyandsell.gc.ca, the authoritative source for Government of Canada tenders. Visit the "About Tenders" page to learn more: https://buyandsell.gc.ca/procurement-data/tenders/about-tenders.
The list below is organized according to “Quick Searches” on Buyandsell.gc.ca. The resources names are reflective of the information contained in each file.
(1) Procurement Data Dictionary: Offers a description of each data field contained in the Tenders files, as well as other datasets published on Buyandsell.gc.ca. The XML file is meant to be used as a guide for understanding the various data elements. It is updated on an “as needed” frequency to reflect changes to data elements on Buyandsell.gc.ca.
(2) New Today: Contains up to date information on all new tender notices published to Buyandsell.gc.ca on a specific day. The file is generated after midnight ET and published the next business day and updated in “real time” as new tenders are published.
(3) Active: Contains up to date information on all active tender notices, including any amendments brought to a tender notice during its lifecycle. The file is generated after midnight ET and published the next business day and updated in “real time” as tenders are published or amended.
(4) Expired: Contains up to date information on all expired tender notices, including any amendments brought to a tender notice during its lifecycle. The file is generated after midnight ET and published the next business day and updated in “real time” as tenders expire.
(5) Tender notices filtered by goods and services categories, broken down by: Construction; Goods; Services; and Services Related to Goods. The files contain up to date information on active, expired, awarded and cancelled tender notices, including any amendments brought to a tender notice during its lifecycle. The files are generated after midnight ET and published the next business day and updated in “real time” as tenders are published, amended, awarded or cancelled.
(6) Awards: Contains up to date information on all award notices published on Buyandsell.gc.ca. Award notices are used to announce a contract awarded to a supplier as the result of a tender notice. The file is generated after midnight ET and published the next business day and updated in “real time” as awards are published or amended.
- Publisher - Current Organization Name: Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Publisher - Organization Name at Publication: Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Licence: Open Government Licence - Canada
Data and Resources
ActiveCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
Procurement Data DictionaryXMLEnglish French guide XML
ExpiredCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
AwardsCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
New TodayCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
GoodsCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
ServicesCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
Services related to goodsCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
ConstructionCSVEnglish French dataset CSV
Geographic Region Name:
- British Columbia